Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pass the dust, I think I'm Bowie!

I'm loving William Burroughs right now. Reading him for the first time, My Education to be exact, and I am very impressed.


This picture of him was in the very back of the book Please Kill Me by Legs McNeil (an oral history of punk, not a depression book!). He is much much older than he was in his prime in the 50s and 60s, but he is still standing up for his beliefs. Impressive. I hope to be like he was when I'm 80.

Or I could just have him on my chest. And just because I couldn't resist:


David Bowie and William Burroughs? Amazing.


Anyway, I've been tagged, thanks Ginny! There's nothing like a good excuse to talk about yourself.

5 things about myself:

1. I HATE surprises. Or actually, I hate expected surprises, like gifts. I always need to know what they are beforehand. I also read the endings of books and movies on wikipedia. I'm awful, I know.

2. When you look up my full name on google, you find an online puzzle my dad made and named after a word I made up when I was three.

3. I have a hamster who I named Angus after Angus Young. I know most people don't like AC/DC, but I think Angus Young is cool. He's a crazy man, and plus Angus is an amazing name.

4. Yesterday I put up two posters in my room, one of Iggy Pop and one of the David Bowie "Heroes" album cover.




It's so nice to wake up every morning and receive a strange salute from Mr. Bowie. Oh and, funny story, yesterday I turned my Killers loving friend into a fan of the thin white duke. She's hooked, and its all my doing. I suppose she does deserve it, she got Burning Down the House stuck in my head for two solid days.

5. I think quizzes like these are hard.



I tag:

Nice and Shiny
Hazel
Stylish Wanderer
and you, whoever you are!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

i read wikipedia pages too, don't worry

Leah P. said...

Angus Young is pure awesomeness. He is the best part of ACDC. Plus we have the same birthday. Us and Al Gore. lol I always thought that was a weird combination.

Leah P. said...

Of course! how could I forget Christopher Walken? Oh mighty lords of cowbell, please forgive me.

Amelia said...

I love the first picture. Ugh, tags are hard--that's why I always procrastinate on doing them.

About me said...

I love Please Kill Me, but I really got into We Got the Neutron Bomb which is a book on LA punk [I'm from LA so I guess I just way too into because I knew all the place they talked about]. You should read it and also Cinderella's Big Score which is on women in the punk scene.

ginny said...

hahaha, i just listened to fame 5 zillion times today if that makes you happy. haha

and i'm glad i found someone who found some similarity in some fashion blogs. not all.

Mei Mei said...

hi hi hi
I'm going to steal that picture of David Bowie and Burroughs from you.

Hazel said...

ooh thankyah i'll do it now!

Human Racing said...

Um...Iggy = total amazing.

Nice post. I must find more out about William Burroughs.

Isabel said...

Oh man, Naked Lunch has to be the WEIRDEST book I've ever read. In a good way. I liked it much more than any other 'beat' book I've ever read.

Anonymous said...

You have a hamster named Angus?! You rock!

Annie Spandex said...

Very cool