Saturday, November 29, 2008

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Many bloggers have started posting holiday wish lists, and I for one cannot resist a good excuse to list out everything I want.

The List

1. Interview Lou Reed
Judging by every article of him I've ever read, Lou Reed is a grouchy old hag with something bristly up his bum. I really want to interview him, and you know why? He doesn't bullshit. I've read so many magazine stories where pop stars and indie musicians deal out some vague, faux meaningful stories about their life. How many times can you read Seventeen proclaim that their actress/singer/reality tv star cover girl is "not how she's portrayed in the tabloids" or "sweet and down to earth"? When an interviewer tries to steer to conversation to anything other than his music, Lou Reed steers it right back, albeit bluntly and rudely. He refuses to talk about unimportant stupid things, like in Spin magazine where he simply ended the interview when he was asked about if the critics perception of him as a difficult subject to question bothered him. If I actually got to do this, he'd probably end up making me cry, but wouldn't it be amazing to meet Lou Reed anyway?

2. A Typewriter
Technology, in a way, really bothers me. I am grateful for the invention of the computer, the internet, the camera, and the bicycle, but a lot of things seem very unnecessary. To me, not everything has to be the biggest or the smallest it can be. But, to tie together this rant, the reason I want a typewriter? So I won't be distracted by facebook when I'm writing papers. Plus, typewriters are really cool.

3. Freedom...
To watch and read whatever I want. This one'd be from my parents.
Particularly...

4. Bob Fossil's Moves
I have been practicing, but success would be sweet.

8 comments:

Annie Spandex said...

When I read Clockwork Orange I hadn't seen the movie yet---it really made the experience! The language is amazing

Syed said...

I do love typewriters, I could buy one just to have in my home...of course if it actually worked, that'd be a bonus :)

Hannah said...

we should practice our bob fossil moves!!! he is a beautiful person...inside and out!

Amelia said...

Lists are the best--especially impractical ones.

Leah P. said...

Ahhh, I need to read A Clockwork Orange. My parents say i must read it or I will not be prepared to watch the movie. haha

In-tree-gue said...

typewriters are pretty cool

SHIZUKA said...

id love a typewriter too!! i want to be able to jump on it and type something in 2 mins! rather than do it on the computer, print etc etc x

Kylie said...

Oh my god, lets do Bob Fossil moves together! I'll seriously make a video if yo do, lol!